When a major accident happens in your home, you may not be able to live in it for a few weeks or even a few months. When this happens, you have to find somewhere else to live while your home is being repaired. A hotel is often a great option for temporary housing, but living in a hotel for an extended period of time with a family can be difficult. Make the most of an extended hotel stay while your home is being repaired by ensuring the hotel offers the following services:
- A Suite Over a Single Room. You do not want your family to have to share a single room for an extended period of time. Instead, book a family suite. Suites often have multiple bedrooms so that you and your children can have your own space when needed.
- Weekly Rates. When choosing a hotel, be sure that the hotel offers weekly rates, rather than just daily rates. This will help you to save money on the overall cost of your hotel stay because weekly rates are typically cheaper than daily rates.
- Laundry Services. You want to be sure that you are able to wash your family's clothes while you are staying in the hotel. Find out if there is a laundry facility on site or if the hotel offers dry cleaning before booking the room.
- A Built-in Kitchen. When choosing a hotel, be sure to ask if the suites have built-in kitchens in them. A built-in kitchen will allow you to prepare meals for your family so that you do not have to spend additional money on fast food or dining out every day.
- Free Parking. Ask about extended parking before agreeing to stay at the hotel. You need to be sure that the hotel has designated parking available for you so that you do not have to worry about paying for parking or finding a parking spot on the street every time you need to park your car.
Once you have found a hotel that meets all of these needs, you will be able to rest assured that your extended stay in the hotel is as manageable as it can be. Make the most of the stay and enjoy everything the hotel has to offer while you are there so that the experience is as enjoyable as possible. Contact a resort or hotel in your area today.